Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fresh Air


Day 147


I didn’t sleep to well this morning. Mainly cuz I just feel so sticky. SE Asia is so hot and it was so difficult to get comfortable. Along with the stickiness is the massive amount of bug bites that have invaded my skin. The mosquitoes don’t bit my body, but just my legs and all night long and all day long I’m just scratchin away at my bug bites. I'm starting to learn why so many people here wear pants instead of shorts. So because I didn’t sleep too well, I had a huge headache and my plan of going to see some waterfalls took a huge dip and I didn’t feel like doing anything all day. I was fine with doing nothing, that’s why I’m here in Pai, but I had to at least eat something. So I got ready and stumbled out of my room and almost immediately started to feel better. Fresh air is beautiful, but so is riding a scooter in the fresh air. It was amazing at how alert and awake I became once I was outside and away from the stink hole room of mine.



Nothing too exciting today. I got kinda lost, but that’s what I like doing. I saw a semi-“Olympic”/ Field day event at the local community center. There was loud music playing, people playing soccer and it looked like a ton of fun; and totally ridiculous. I saw a waterfall, drove through a village and a Chinese sanctioned village and basically just rode around Pai. I’ve started to really love it here, but there is no way that I could stay longer than a week, I think I would just get too bored and plus being alone doesn’t help. I’ve fallen in love with pineapple shakes and I can never get enough of Pad Thai, and yes I am eating the vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment