Sunday, June 7, 2009

I had to play

Day 155

Okay, i lied. I played ultimate today... right on the BEACH! that's for you jon. My initial plans were to fly back to Shanghai by connecting to Bangkok first on June 6. I would later find out that there was a beach tournament in Cha-am... only 2 hours away from bangkok...on June 7. So of course i changed my flight so that i could be reunited with some of the most awesome people in Asia, the soidawgs of Bangkok! 

It was a one day beach tournament and boy am i glad that it was only one day. I had never played on beach before and it is truly a totally different game. Have you ever tried running on sand? Ever try running, stopping, running, cutting, jumping, running, and then diving on sand? It ain't easy. My team was called, Beach Dawgs and we rocked. We played 3 games of intense beach ultimate before lunch and luckily didn't have to deal with too much sun or overheated sand. After a sleepy lunch, we continued our play and the dawgs were 5-0 heading into the finals, but a long tiring day of constant running and cutting and running and jumping and running some more can really make me tired. We lost in the finals 15-11, but it was all for fun and i had a great time. Ultimate has been a huge blessing for me because i have seen asia in ways i could only imagine and i've met some amazing people along the way. Thanks soidawgz!!

3 comments:

  1. ^^
    For the sake of my 1st cramp day!
    Beach ulti' is rock!

    Thanks for playing most every point..
    YOu're rock too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was great having you play with us again!

    Nice blog name, by the way.

    ReplyDelete